In the last week of her summer internship in her late grandmother’s village, librarian Slavina is faced with a stark dilemma. Either throw out all of the library’s books under the corrupt “EU modernization program” pretense of her superior Dimitrova or do the right thing and save the elderly’s sole source of knowledge, ultimately facing exile in a place where time has been frozen still for the past 40 years.
Festivals & Awards:
- Official Selection – Crystal Palace ISFF 2022
- Official Selection – In The Palace ISFF 2022
- Cannes Short Film Corner 2022 (market screening)
- Best Actress nomination – Bucharest Shortcut CineFest 2022
- Official Selection – On The Beach IFF 2022
With his debut short film, writer and director Vladislav Lakov explores the heist film genre in the world of a rural Bulgarian village. With a background in short form storytelling for advertising, Lakov aims to stretch his creative horizons with original stories that blend realism and surrealism into a grander romanticised narrative.